Chickens Were Once Chicks
Chickens have wings but don’t fly.
Chicks are baby chickens.
Chicks are small, soft, and make a gentle peeping sound.
And are found in Easter baskets wearing
baby colors ; powder blue, pink, yellow and green.
Chickens are domesticated and designed for consumption,.
often cultivated with large breasts and small brains.
(He’s a thigh man. I like breasts.)
Chickens cross the road, chicks follow and flatten.
Do you want to play chicken? It’s game where
we drive toward each other at high speed,
the one who wants to survive the most? What a chicken!
Chickens are food. Chicken soup, a healing broth,
Chicken Soup for the Soul, a sweet comforting story,
A chick flick, movies made for girls, formulaic plot lines
Paint by numbers characters, mostly pink.
Chick lit, not solely romantic, empowering
Jane Austin and Bridget Jones.
And Hen Lit, matrons wearing red hats and hot flashes.
Chicken Little? The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Walking around like a chicken with her head cut off.
Crazy chick disease, it’s a softening of the brain.
Chick magnet/chicken coop
Many chickens but only one
Cock, a member reference, substantial,
He’s no chick, nor is he a chicken.
Chick, an American slang term for a young girl.
- 1,956 hits
- “Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.” TS Eliot
TruthTell all the Truth but tell it slant— Success in Circuit lies Too bright for our infirm Delight The Truth's superb surprise As Lightning to the Children eased With explanation kind The Truth must dazzle gradually Or every man be blind— ~Emily Dickinson
- Abstract waves echoing waves. San Juan, Puerto Rico #cynthiapittmann #oasiswritinglink… instagram.com/p/BX_Tm4pBzV8/ 1 hour ago
- Fresh fruit cup and expresso at Ben N Jerry's Condado. San Juan, Puerto Rico #cynthiapittmann… instagram.com/p/BX-fp8ohnzB/ 9 hours ago
- "It took me some time to understand my water lilies… I cultivated them with no thought of… instagram.com/p/BX4bgZSBHPi/ 2 days ago
- “The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves,… instagram.com/p/BX1w12LhWFS/ 3 days ago
- RT @BarackObama: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." https://t.co/… 3 days ago
Poems of the Month